How many teams will go undefeated during the regular season?
Will any team go undefeated during the regular season?
You don’t have to be good at numbers to earn a profit in sports betting. If you’re looking for a fun, quirky, and unique type of bet, prop bets are for you.
College football prop bets can be your starting point for sports betting. It's easy and entertaining, especially betting during the national championship games.
Where and how do you place bets on the NCAAF game props? What kind of prop bets can you make?
At MaximBet.com, we explain how prop bets can be both fun and profitable. We help you understand several strategies on NCAAF team, game, and player prop betting so you can make intelligent betting decisions.
What Is a Proposition Bet?
A proposition (props) bet is probably one of the most sought-after wagers in the sports betting world. When betting props, you can lay a wager outside the game’s standards or on unusual aspects of a sports event.
Most beginner bettors are drawn to prop bets. For many sports fans, props are more fun and unique than the other traditional types of bets like the moneyline, point spread, and totals bets.
Betting props kicked off not so long ago in the mid-1980s. The idea began when Art Manteris, who ran the Caesars sportsbook in 1986, was looking for a way to entice more casual fans to bet on the Super Bowl.
Late in the third quarter of Super Bowl XX, the Chicago Bears had the ball at the 1-yard line about to add to their lead over the New England Patriots.
To the delight of thousands of NFL (National Football League) bettors, William “The Refrigerator” Perry scored a touchdown. They cashed in big with that winning prop bet, and the Super Bowl proposition bet was born.
These days, many sportsbooks offer over a hundred different props to keep people entertained and vested in the sport they’re betting on, not only football.
Props appear a few hours before game time for major American sports markets like baseball, basketball, and hockey.
You can also bet props on college football playoffs, NFL regular-season games and major leagues like the MLB (Major League Baseball), NBA (National Basketball Association), and NHL (National Hockey League).
Types of Popular NCAAF Props
NCAAF props are side bets that have no association with the results of any NCAAF matchups and no relevance to the college football game's final score.
NCAAF prop bets can be categorized as player props, team props, or game props.
NCAAF Player Props
Player props are college football prop bets targeting the touchdowns, interceptions, passing attempts, total sacks, or completions of a specific player in a game.
Props may involve any college football individual player or give attention to two or several players in different teams. Player props that compare players from rival teams are very entertaining and exciting.
Among the popular examples of player props are the following:
- Will CJ Stroud be the second player from Ohio State Buckeyes to make an interception?
- Will Bryce Young from the USC Trojans team make the most sacks during their matchup with the Florida Gators?
- Will the running back score three rushing touchdowns?
- Will Justin Fields score a touchdown in the first half?
Other props bet examples with odds include:
- Ohio State Chris Olave vs. Clemson Justyn Ross in receiving yards? Ross +12.5
- Oklahoma Sooners quarterback passes over/under 3.5
- Spencer Rattler passing yards over/under 60.5
- Alabama DeVonta Smith vs. Michigan State Ricky White in rushing yards; DeVonta -8.5
Player props are limitless, as anyone can make sports betting based on the players' statistics.
NCAAF Team Props
Team props cover the performance of a specific college football team. These props involve over/under totals, moneyline, total points, or parlays.
Here are the most widely used NCAAF team prop best bets:
- Will someone from the Texas Longhorns score a touchdown in the first 15 minutes?
- Will the total score of Notre Dame Fighting Irish be odd?
- Will West Virginia Mountaineers’ second half moneyline be +250?
- Which team makes the most interceptions?
- Will safety be obtained in the College Football Playoff (CFP) National Championship game?
- Will Alabama Crimson Tide become the favorite over Michigan Wolverines in the national championship odds?
- Will the team that scores first lose the game?
- Will the team that scores first enter the Big Ten?
- Will the Arkansas Razorbacks make a longer field goal?
- Will the Georgia Bulldogs team score last?
NCAAF Awards Props
Awards props are college football side bets relating to the players who will most likely receive the NCAAF awards.
Here are the most popular awards prop bets in the NCAAF and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) football games:
- Joe Burrow will make a remarkable comeback and will bag the Heisman trophy next year.
- DeVonta will be the next NFL draft after Mac Jones and Najee Harris.
- DeVonta Smith will win at least three NCAAF awards.
- Gardner Minshew II will receive the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award this year.
- The recipient of the Home Depot Award will be Alabama Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban.
- Kyler Murray will again win the National Quarterback Award.
- Alex Leatherwood will win the Outland Trophy for the second time.
Are College Football Prop Bets Legal?
On May 14, 2018, sports betting became legal in the United States as the Supreme Court allowed more states to legalize sports betting. The ruling overturned the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act of 1992.
More than 22 states have authorized online sports betting. Pennsylvania, Illinois, New Jersey, Iowa, Indiana, Colorado, Tennessee, Indiana, Michigan, and Virginia are the leading sports betting markets in the country.
Top sports TV shows like ESPN and Fox Sports cover and air live sporting events, resulting in further growth of the sports betting industry.
At MaximBet.com, we aim to be one of the leading legal sports betting operators in the United States. Our platform’s user-friendly interface ensures your betting convenience.
We provide the most extensive selections of sports markets in our slick platform. Apart from college football and the NFL, we also have the MLB and NBA.
MaximBet.com operates under the Carousel Group, an internationally regulated gaming operator. We abide by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, so you can ensure that your personal data is safe and protected.
Prop Betting Strategies and Tips
You should not only be familiar with the NCAAF team props and player props but also take the time to learn college football prop betting strategies.
Side bets, whether they are team or player proposition bets, are entirely created for entertainment purposes.
Do not rush in starting your team proposition bet. Do your research on regular-season NCAAF bets and CFP National championship betting strategies to improve your chances of winning prop bets.
While doing extensive research on how to play your first bet is important, you should not expend your time and energy on research.
You should determine the advantages and disadvantages of prop bets. First of all, prop betting gives a lot of betting alternatives.
Note that winnings on college football season props are small. Wagering on team props or player props is only for recreation and should not be taken seriously.
It is impossible to win every single kind of proposition bet because everything relies on chance. Still, it’s a great idea to start placing your prop bets at kickoff.
If you have a trusted friend who is an experienced online sports bettor, learn from them. They may have more years of sports betting experience from which you can benefit.
More importantly, go only with reputable sports betting sites like MaximBet.com and read online reviews from forums and other social media sites.
MaximBet.com aims to provide you with the best sports betting experience while keeping your personal information safe through our proprietary data encryption technology.
We care for our customers, providing them 24/7 service. As advocates of responsible gambling, we can help you set deposit, time, and bet limits in your account.
How to Place Your NCAAF Prop Bets
Betting on NCAAF Game and Team Props
Go to the list of sports leagues and select NCAAF. Choose team prop and select from a wide range of prop bets, such as to win the National Championship, to win Pac-12 North, and to win Big 12 South.
Compared to moneyline bets or point spread bets, wagering on the NCAAF team props is less complicated.
There will be two college football teams on the betting line, the Auburn Tigers and Alabama Crimson Tide teams, for example. A proposition team bet may be to choose which team will score first.
Another team prop betting opportunity is when oddsmakers display the predicted total score.
For example, you can bet on whether the Kentucky Wildcats will score higher or lower than the set O/U (over /under total) score forecasted by digital bookies.
Betting on NCAAF Player Props
In player prop betting, the majority of wagers will most likely involve offensive players, given that touchdowns or interceptions are commonplace in this type of bet.
For instance, will Michigan Wolverines JJ McCarthy or Alabama Bryce Young score the first touchdown?
Betting props on the NCAAF is easy with MaximBet.com. Just follow these simple steps:
- Register and create an account at MaximBet.com. You have to be over 21 years old to register.
- Activate your online account and fund it by depositing money using a credit card, bank transfer, or e-wallet.
- Go to our sportsbook page and choose NCAAF prop bets.
- A bet slip will be automatically generated once you place your bets. The bet slip will show you the type of bets you made, the bet amount, and your estimated winnings.
We have around-the-clock customer support to assist you with your questions. Just contact our support team at [email protected]
Don’t forget to check out our promo code to avail of big discounts!